Wednesday, January 2, 2013

New Year - New Treasures

Well this year I did end up getting the wreath out of an old book made, and it turned out beautifully.
I hope to still get a picture of it to put on here for all to see.  I saw one of these at a boutique and
I decided to recreate it, after I finished I realized it would have been a lot easier if I had started with
a sturdier base to begin with, but live and learn after you try something.  I still think it's a great use for a book that really isn't worth much, and by that I mean one that really isn't an old old old book that might have sentimental or worth reading.

Looking back when I do another one, I am going to paint the outside of the pages top side and bottom with some gold acrylic paint or use a gold marker on the edges, I think that would really add some pizzazz to the wreath, although it was beautiful just plain, and of course one could always spray paint it in any color once it's done.


No comments:

Post a Comment